My mom is absolutely going to kill me but I can’t get over how amazing these pics of her are, and how absolutely beautiful she was and still is. I stole these photos from a collage my dad made for her birthday back in the day, and I couldn’t pick just one. In honor of her bday (we decided she doesn’t look a day over 30), I had to share a few. I guess just as they say a child will never know their mother’s love, there’s no way a mom can ever know just how much she is loved & adored by her kids. I can speak for all three of us when I say, there is no one quite like my mom – from her unmatched sensitivity and compassion, her sassy little style and her need to hear every detail and have a heart-to-heart – we couldn’t possibly love & adore her more. Plus, I think one of the funniest things she has ever said was when she admitted shes the least funny of the five of us. Thats so not always true, mom ♥
It was the weekend of celebrations – first, a day out of the office on Friday for some employee bonding by way of a party bus and brewery tours (works rough / I love my office). Then a day at Harrah’s poolside celebrating my fabulous girlfriend’s bday, and topped off with a day in Coronado celebrating my mama – a delicious lunch at Leroy’s and a bike ride around the island on the most beautiful day. Ever.
Between the move and weekend trips and spending time at Erik’s place, I feel like I’m living out of a suit case, and I hate living out of my suit case. I need to feel organized and in control and while I have established quite the cozy nook at my parent’s house, I feel like I haven’t been able to catch a break to enjoy it. Spring is hitting me in full force, and between work and play and blog and exercise, I am running a mile a minute (and feeling out of shape since my momentary retiring from running). After this busy week & exciting bachelorette weekend, I plan to take a break from it all and get organized & cozy.
Here are some ideas/things I’m loving lately:
- Most everything in the Lindsey Thornburg Spring/Summer 2015 Collection – especially the Laura Slip Dress
- Turning 30 just got a little more daunting (luckily its a loooong ways away)
- This foxy pin
- I want to try this lavendar-honey iced latte. Asap.
- Because my sunglasses obsession is insatiable – these Karen Walker Limited Edition Gold Orbits
- These simple silver rings by Vanessa Mooney
- A road trip to The Madonna Inn is slowly in the works for a fun girls night, in honor of the good old cross-country days when my team would stay there for a race in San Luis Obispo
- And more Madonna Inn pics on Pinterest because I couldn’t pick just one
- This itty bitty Lucid String Suit by The Minimale Animale [for tanning]
- The perfect Spring/beach basket by Jeanne Beatrice